I know several people who write blogs. I can never figure out how they have so much to say without boring people or repeating themselves. I decided to start reading some of these blogs and see what is so interesting in their lives that they have to share it with everyone. After a week of this experiment, I am hooked.
I find it intriguing by what people share and how often they blog. There are those who write every few days, sharing tidbits of information. Then there are others who blog every single day, several times a day. At times I find this boring while other times quite enjoyable.
Because of my new found obsession with blogging, I have come to the conclusion that I am a blog stalker. I make time from my busy day to check these blogs. If I don't check them I feel as if I am missing out on something important. Yes people, I have no life.
The reason for my lack of a social life is because I am a "new" mom. My pride and joy was born 9 weeks ago. She is a bundle of energy and excitement. I never know what my day is going to entail. Could it be full of crying or laughing? Who knows? One thing I do know is that I can't remember what life was like before she came into our lives.
Lately I have been feeling very isolated and alone.....perhaps that is why I have resorted to blog stalking? I have been told that this is normal for new mothers but it doesn't make it any easier. I enjoy getting outside for walks with a friend and I have lately been making a point of going to visit Chris at work during lunch time at least once a week so that I have an adult to talk to. The weather is getting colder so my walks and impromptu lunches will be coming to an end.
One thing I look forward to is the upcoming Christmas holidays. I am leaving on December 7th to visit my father and his wife in Edmonton, Alberta. The excitement I am feeling to leave Rankin is overwhelming. I am counting down the days, hours, minutes.....you get the point.
Keirwyn and I will be spending 10 days there. Then it is off to Fredericton, New Brunswick to spend time with Akehla, my stepdaughter, and other family/friends. I enjoy going home and spending time with my family. I miss them terribly. I never thought I would be homesick for my family to this extreme.
Alright, I digress. I didn't mean for this to become a ramble about my day, complaining about things and boring you all. The real reason for this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the "Reids" and how they are surviving the Great White North. I hope to share stories about Keirwyn and Akehla. I may or may not gossip on this page but hopefully no names will be revealed. Stories may or may not be funny. I will write what comes to mind........
For those who live in Fredericton, we will be in town from December 19th to January 1st. We would love to see you. Our time is limited so we hope we can visit with everyone. Last Christmas I felt like I was booking time slots....first come first served. Hopefully this Christmas we will be able to schedule everyone in.
Well, I must be ending this ramble for today. My child is fussing and it looks like she needs feeding. This child eats almost every two hours during the day. I tried feeding her more in one sitting in hopes that it would last her more than two hours, but she ends up getting sick and still wanting more at the two hour time mark. I must tend to her before my neighbours think I am torturing her. Adios!
1 comment:
Hey Becca!
Look forward to reading your blog, maybe it will inspire me to get back to writing my blog! In fact I'll do an entry right now!
Love you!
Post a Comment