Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Keirwyn's Adventures

Life has been a bit boring in the Reid household lately. That is why I haven't been blogging. I was trying to hold off until I had a few things to write about. It has taken me a few days but I believe I have enough Keirwyn stories for a blog now.

Last Saturday, Keirwyn attended her first birthday party. It was for a student that I had last year and Chris has this year. I was excited to dress her for her first party. I even had a special outfit for her. I got her ready in her new outfit and then she decided to throw up all over it. I was not impressed.

We eventually made it to the party (a little late). She was the hit of the party. I didn't hold her most of the night. She was passed from one person to the next. She wooed them with her smiles and laughter. While the birthday girl was opening her gifts, Keirwyn decided to let one rip! It was really quiet in the room and she was extra loud. I think she shocked everyone that such a little person could make a loud farting sound. The lady holding her was quick to point out that it was Keirwyn that made the sound not her.

Keirwyn had so much fun that she wouldn't fall asleep. She was up until 11:30 that night. We got home around 11pm and fed her a bottle. She fell asleep while eating. She slept until 6 the next morning!!!! It was exciting to sleep that long. I think the whole party experience wore her out because the next day she spent most of it sleeping, only to get up to eat.

Monday (November 23rd) Keirwyn had her appointment with the nurses. She was weighed (10.94 lbs) and measured (22.5 inches) and peed on every surface. She also had her two month shots. She had two in one leg and one in the other. It was upsetting for both mother and child. When she got the first two, she wailed and cried for a long time. I had trouble getting her calmed down. When she finally stopped the nurse poked her with the third needle. Keirwyn cried even louder. She gave me the look of betrayal. It was heartbreaking.

I had to do some errands after the appointment and Keirwyn cried while I was at the post office, drug store and grocery store. She didn't stop crying until we were home. She fell asleep while crying.

She had a horrible night due to the shots. She was up a lot and spent that time crying. I tried giving her medicine to take away the pain but it didn't help that much with the crying. She would only sleep if I held her so we spent much of the night with me sitting up in bed, holding her while she slept.

Last night we tried keeping Keirwyn up past her usual dinner time nap. She had a moment where she fell asleep around 7pm, but Daddy was great at getting her awake. We are trying to get her on a better sleeping schedule. She eventually went to sleep around 9 pm. She got up at her usual feeding times (around 1am and 5 am) but then went back to sleep each time (which she usually doesn't do). She fussed around 8 am but then slept until 10:30 am. I was so excited because I slept until 10. I had a great sleep! We will be trying this again to see if it will work again.

Keirwyn and I will be leaving for Edmonton earlier than planned. We leave next Monday, November 30th. I can't wait to go. The weather is getting colder in Rankin and making it more difficult to get out every day. Plus blizzards (we had our first blizzard of the season last Sunday) make it even harder to go out. I am hoping that the weather in Edmonton is better than Rankin so I can put Keirwyn in the amauti and go out and enjoy myself. I expect a lot of shopping to be done so hopefully Keirwyn won't mind that. If she is anything like her mother it won't be an issue.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Well I'll be thinking about you as you fly out! I'll be teaching, supervising Volleybal practice (last one of the season! Yahoo! Tournament the next today.) Having Parent/Teacher interviews, and prepping for the substitute the next day. Wow busy day!
Love you! Great stories!