Monday, May 3, 2010

Catch Up

Life has been hectic in the Reid Family. It seems as if there is always something going on, even in Rankin Inlet. The last few weeks has been Pakallak Tyme, which is an annual community celebration. There are dog races, bannock making contests, talent shows, ski-doo races, community feasts and so much more. Last year I was too pregnant to go out and enjoy many of the activities and this year I got to go to one of the dog sled races and the talent show.
The Dog Sled Races:Keirwyn is still amazing me every day. She now has two teeth. They are sharp little buggers! Her sleeping patterns have changed somewhat but I believe that is due to the change in the season here in the North. We are at almost 20 hours of daylight. The sun comes up around 4 am and Keirwyn thinks it is time to play. Since I am the one staying at home with her, I get to to be the one who enjoys the early morning wake up calls. I can't wait until next year when it will be Chris who will enjoy that lovely task.

Oh, perhaps I failed to mention that earlier....can't remember now if I have written about that. Um......baby brain at it's finest. We have decided that Chris will stay home next year to be with Keirwyn. We are on a list for a local daycare but we never seem to get to the top. I put "Baby Reid" on the list a year and a half ago and still no word of a spot. Finding a babysitter I trust is even harder. So....after much debate, Chris is going to be a stay at home dad! I wish I could stay home but I have to return to work. I am super excited that Chris will have this opportunity. He never had this chance with Akehla, since he was supporting a family by working full-time and going to school full-time.

The school year is coming to an end. Only five more weeks until we are on a plane heading to the East Coast! I can't wait to see everyone. I always get very homesick at this time of year. I am going to try to enjoy my summer as much as possible because it will be back to work on August 18th. I am a little stressed about how I am going to cope with leaving the baby at home while I go to school. I think it will be me that has separation issues and not Keirwyn.

Below are pictures of Keirwyn who fell asleep after having her lunch:

No comments: