Friday, May 21, 2010

Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood

I had to get the shirt! It is too cute.

I find her in the weirdest positions when she is sleeping.

Keirwyn's favorite thing is her glow worm. She won't go to bed without it.

She loves her yogurt.

Her bottom two teeth are in! Love her smile.

Hello Everyone!

Spring has now arrived in Rankin Inlet! What a beautiful day we had! It was -7 with the windchill and a great day to be outside! Keirwyn and I went for a walk with a friend and her sweet little girl, Ms. W. It was great to be out and about, enjoying the weather and chatting. When Keirwyn wasn't napping, she and Ms. W were "talking" about something in baby chatter.

While I was out, I got a fishing license. The Reid family may go out ice fishing this weekend with friends. I have done it once, two years ago with my students, and I enjoyed it. Last year I didn't go because I thought being 6 months pregnant and having to pee all the time would not be fun. There are no trees out on the land....just wide open spaces. If I had to use the bathroom everyone would see a huge pregnant lady squatting, unsuccessfully.

This afternoon I attended a baby shower for two of my co-workers. One adopted a little boy and the other had a baby girl. Too cute! I was hit by the illness named 'baby fever'. Chris and I have discussed having another child but never with any certainty. Today if Chris asked about a baby I would have been all for it!

Speaking of babies, Keirwyn is doing wonders. She is now walking with the help of furniture, she 'talks' on the phone and has even learned the meaning of 'no'. She is into everything! Nothing is safe. Her favorite toys are the phone, remote control and Daddy's video game controllers.

In a few weeks we will be heading to Fredericton to spend the summer with Akehla. We are super excited. Akehla can't wait to see her sister and do all the things that sisters do together.

We plan on doing some traveling this summer as well. We will be in Ontario - Toronto and Niagara Falls - at the end of June. In July we are going to Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland in July. (Akehla has recently told us that she doesn't want to go to Newfoundland because "they talk funny and I won't be able to understand them." This cracked me up! The stuff kids come up with! ) August we will be in Edmonton, Alberta for a couple of days and then it is back to Rankin Inlet for us. A busy summer for sure.

1 comment:

Morena said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! That's how I usually find my new reading material so I'm glad to discover you. Keirwyn is adorable. Oliver's favorite toy is the phone too. He'll sit there and have long conversations with whoever he imagines is on the other end. Too cute.

I'm sorry about your bad birthing experience. I don't blame you for being leary to do it again. I can't believe they wouldn't let your hubby come with you. A friend of mine just went through a miscarriage and same thing, they wouldn't let him come. I can't imagine why they expect woman to go through that alone. I love the north but the health care system leaves something to be desired that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks again for reading. I'll be stalking you now too!