Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I had the most amazing 1st Mother's Day! It started early this morning by opening my email and finding a home-made card from Akehla. Akehla was staying at my friend's house for the evening and decided to make me a Mother's Day card. My friend scanned it and sent it to me so I could have it. It was so cute!

This morning, the Reid Family enjoyed cuddle time in bed. The baby was snuggled between us and we enjoyed each other's company. The day kept getting better. I was able to take a long bubble bath while Chris tidied up the house and made me lunch. When the bath was done, I was told to go into the bedroom and relax while he finished up what he was doing. I laid in bed and enjoyed the time by myself.

Chris and Keirwyn came in and gave me my gifts. I received two beautiful cards, one of which was personally signed by Keirwyn in baby scribble - too cute! There was a little card in one of the envelopes that had a date and a time on it. This is for my relaxation massage. Yay!!!! I can't wait for that. My second massage in five months (the last one was a Christmas gift).

The rest of the day was equally relaxing. I took a long nap, played a board game with Chris and played with Keirwyn. What a GREAT day! I am so lucky to have such a loving family!

Keirwyn has been sick the last couple of days with a horrible cold. Even though you can tell she isn't feeling well, she is such a trooper. She has been keeping me busy by getting into everything and trying to be her usual happy self.

Yesterday we were watching a movie about the Beatles. I kept hearing this noise and realized that it was Keirwyn 'singing' along to the music. At one point she was bouncing up and down to the beat of the music. I wish I had been able to get it on video since it was so adorable. I am glad that she is developing a love for great music, especially for Mommy's favorite band.

No comments: