Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thrills and Chills

The Reid Family spent yesterday out on the land for the first time. The day started when we met some friends for breakfast. Thanks Melissa and Will for treating! It was fun to sit and talk to friends and listen to stories.

Then we made our way out to the land. We were bundled warmly. Keirwyn was dressed in her snowsuit and snuggled in the amauti. Chris drove the machine while I held on tight. Thank goodness for handrails on the back.

The sights were amazing! It really took my breath away! We stopped several times to enjoy the views and take pictures.

We hit some rough patches and Chris even got our machine stuck. He got it out and we were on our way. A few times we even got "air" as Chris unintentionally flew over some jumps. Keirwyn slept most of the time.

Half way through the afternoon, we headed back into town to gas up, use the washroom, warm up with some hot chocolate and feed Keirwyn. During this time, Chris taught me how to drive the machine. It was so easy. The only problem I had was reversing.

We met up again with the others after we did our little errands. We went to another area that was smoother and we could really try to run the machines. I had a great time driving and going fast!!! I almost tip us over but got control of the machine before that happened. Chris kept asking to drive and I kept saying no. Eventually I got tired and cold and he took over. I just rested my head against his back and enjoyed the view as we flew by.

Today we are sore. I am having trouble moving. I think it is because I held on so tightly so Chris wouldn't throw us off when we were going over the rough patches. Even though we are sore, we can't wait to go out on the land again. Hopefully we can arrange it for next weekend!

Here are some pictures of our trip out:

I am dressed for warmth, not style.

Chris, posing with his new toy.

This is the machine that I call the "Beast."

My friend, Melissa, enjoying her time out on the land.

Billy and Chris trying to figure out where to go. You can see Will's hand taking pictures.

No comments: