Past
I was raised by amazing, wonderful and patient parents. I am so indebted to them. They have helped to make me the person I am.
My mother, who passed away a few years ago, is always in my heart. I love her so much that it hurts. I would give anything to have her with me so that I could look at her, hug her and tell her that I love her. To feel her arms around me would be heavenly. Although she is not here physically, I know that her spirit is always present. I feel her love and guidance. I especially see her when I look at my beautiful daughter. Keirwyn has the same expressions and physical attributes of my mother. My mother taught me how to be the mother that I am by example. Mom always had time to listen, teach, play and discipline. She was 'Mama Bear' and would do anything to protect her family. I aspire to be like her.
My dad is my best friend. Although we drive each other nuts I know that I can go to him about anything. If my car is not working and he is thousands of miles away, I know I can call him for help. If I am sad and need to talk, my dad is willing to listen and give advice. He has shown me that it is 'what you do' that matters - Actions speak louder than words. I admire his devotion to spiritual things and dedication to those he loves even when it is tough to keep going. He is a rock, steadfast when everything else seems to crumble. I love my dad.Present
I love my life. I love my profession. I love the new experiences that I am having living in the North. I love my family and friends, new and old. I am grateful for present trials that force me to grow. I am learning to be grateful for what I have and not get caught up in what everyone else has.

I love my husband. He has been a friend for 18 years. I am lucky to have married my best friend. Marrying him was the best decision I have ever made. He is helping me become the person I want to be. He makes me aspire to be the best I can be.

It is because of him that I have two wonderful children, Akehla and Keirwyn. He showed me how to be a parent. His love for his first born is amazing. He is patient and loving. His ability to be a great parent helped me make the decision to have a child of my own, Keirwyn.
Keirwyn......what can I say about my beautiful daughter. She is my life. I struggle with being a mom - patience has not been one of my better attributes. But doubts aside, I love that little girl and would do anything for her. She is always on my mind. Everything I do is centered on her. I am grateful that I was able to have her and I know I will learn a lot from her.
Future
I am terrified by the unknown. Not having my life planned out for the next 10 years fills me with doubt and fear. I need to put my faith and trust in Heavenly Father that all will work out.
Even though I dread the unknown, I am excited to see what happens to my little family. Will we still be in the North? Will Keirwyn have another sibling? What exciting things will be happening to my family? There is so much to look forward to. I can't wait to see what the future holds.
Conclusion
I will not apologize for the corniness of my post. I am grateful for lessons that I learn from others. I have seen what can happen when people do not take the time to be thankful for what they have. I truly believe if we take the time to reflect and humble ourselves, we will be able to recognize the blessings in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment