Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Best Time of the Year

Chris, Akehla and Keirwyn
Merry Christmas 2009
It has been awhile since I have had time and internet access to write. Once Keirwyn and I left for Fredericton on December 19, 2009, we were without internet access. We thought that we would be able to check our email at our friend's house but her computer decided to quit working at that moment. It was nice not having to worry about the computer. It seems as if I am on it all the time and I have come to realize that it can be a big waste of energy and time. But now that I am home in Rankin again and somewhat isolated, I have become a slave to technology.

Our trip to Fredericton was great! One of the best Christmas' ever. Our plane ride was uneventful except for two things. Chris' luggage only got checked to Toronto and so he was without clothes and toiletries for a few days. Needless to say we did some shopping as soon as we arrived in Fredericton. The other fun thing was that as we were landing in Toronto, Keirwyn threw up all over Chris. It was massive and the loud groan that proceeded to come from the two of us alerted the other passengers of her performance. It even got a few laughs from nearby passengers who could see what happened. Well......and I laughed the loudest. Payback, I thought, since I had to deal with her massive puking while she had the flu.

We picked up Akehla as soon as we landed and she was excited to see us. Actually, she was more excited to see her sister. We went to Akehla's favorite restaurant for lunch, East Side Mario's, and Akehla made sure she was sitting by her sister. Akehla and Keirwyn, December 2009

The two weeks we were there, Akehla was the proud big sister. She held her, fed her and even helped with Keirwyn's dirty diapers. I was impressed. She was even protective of her sister. At a family dinner, Akehla heard two people jokingly discussing sneaking off with Keirwyn. Akehla did not know that they were kidding and got really upset. She wouldn't let Keirwyn out of her sight after that.

We had little time to sleep. We visited most family members on both sides of the family. We missed a few due to schedules and weather. We spent lots of time with friends. Chris and I even got to go on a date.....without children! Thanks to my best friend, Cindy, Chris and I enjoyed a quiet breakfast, did some errands and even went to see a movie, Avatar.

We left Fredericton on New Year's Day exhausted and with sniffles from a cold. Once we landed in Edmonton, I had a full blown cold. This was my Christmas of Sickness (hit with a flu and a cold). We only had a couple days in Edmonton but we had fun. Chris and I did our last minute shopping and our tradition of eating at Denny's when we are in Edmonton. The rest of our time was spent with Dad, Peggy and Sarah and her family.

We have been back in Rankin for almost a week. I didn't leave the apartment for five days due to the cold. The only reason I went out was to get groceries because the weatherman predicted a blizzard (which didn't happen). Keirwyn is doing very well. Her personality is showing in so many ways. She is much like her father in that she is very quiet, observant, happy and calm. Yet, she is very much like her mother in that she can have a royal fit when something doesn't go her way. She now weighs over 13 pounds and is growing out of her clothes.

Here are a few pictures from our holidays:

Peggy, Keirwyn and PapaKeirwyn and her cousin, KianaAnother cousin, Sienna, who absolutely loved Keirwyn.

No comments: