Friday, March 11, 2011

Extreme Windchill Warning

I realized today that I haven't blogged lately. Report card season has come and, as of today, gone (Parent/Teacher interviews were today). I was pretty busy doing that and now I guess I have no excuse. So here I go.....

The weather has been super cold. Too cold to go anywhere or do anything. My life mainly consists of taking Baby to the babysitter's, work and picking Baby up from the babysitter's. That's it. We have had temperatures ranging from -64 to -30 windchill the last few months. Every day I hope that the weather will get warmer.....but it doesn't.

The days are getting longer. The sun is coming up earlier and setting later. Keirwyn was up before 6 am the last few days because of the daylight streaming through her windows. It is the time of year that we blackout her windows with either tinfoil or a heavy/thick blanket.

Our ski-doo has taken a beating with this cold. We have had to replace the starter (not cheap) and it sounds sickly. Hopefully it will work itself out. Maybe it is the cold that is doing it? Again, I am waiting for the warmer weather so that I can dig out my ATV. I feel more safe on the ATV than the ski-doo, so it is my vehicle of choice.

We are in the process of making arrangements for summer vacation. I am looking forward to a break. I have found this year the most difficult since moving to the North. I am thinking it is due to the abnormal coldness or the fact that I haven't left the North since August. This is my first year spending the whole school year in Rankin. I am dying to shop in a mall or eat in a cheap restaurant. So, I am counting the days until I am on that plane heading south.

Although I am homesick, I usually get sick of the South pretty quick. The traffic and fast-pace life gets to me. I enjoy the laid back ways of the North and how friendly everyone is up here. I am always excited to get home to Rankin in August.

Baby is doing well. She is learning new words every day. She has also become fearless. She has acquired a new talent of jumping. She loves to jump from one piece of furniture to another. The other day she was showing off her new skill. She was having great fun until she missed the couch and landed on a toy. She has a great bruise on her forehead to go along with all the others she has aquired lately.

This morning I was getting ready for work and was distracted for only 5 minutes. It was long enough for Keirwyn to get into trouble. I found her in my room, sitting on my bed with my new People magazine in pieces, spread out around her. She had drawn on every page. I was a little annoyed because reading People is one of my guilty pleasures. I look forward to opening it up and reading the gossip. I hadn't had a chance to read it yet and there it was, ripped up. But I have only myself to blame. I need to remember to keep an eye on her at ALL times. She is a quick little bugger who seems to get into everything she isn't supposed to.

No new pictures for now.....we have hardly any bandwidth left for the month. Everything is SUPER slow. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can.

1 comment:

Morena said...

I feel for your people magazine. I gave up on keeping an eye on them at all times a while ago and just make sure that the house is super baby proofed. I make sure if I don't want him to touch it he can't. It's much easier that way.