Friday, May 4, 2012

It`s Getting Closer

I am now almost 33 weeks along and these babies have taken over my body.  They are healthy babies that are very active at the most inconvenient times.  Both babies are head down and have reached the 4 pound mark and the doctor predicts that they will be around 6 to 7 pounds each (that is if they do not come early). 

But it doesn`t look as if I will go full term.  I have been having contractions daily and there have been a few other signs that it may come soon.  Chris is saying 34 weeks but I am hoping to last to 36 weeks.  The longer the babies are in there, the better. 

I have been told that I am good to go for a natural birth (which is what I REALLY wanted), as long as the babies stay head down.  There isn`t much room in the belly anymore for them to move around so I think the chances of them switching positions now is unlikely. 

As I get closer to my due date, I have been slowing down.  I spend a lot of time resting in bed or trying to find a comfortable position on the couch.  Since there isn`t much to do while resting, I have been catching up on TV and reading alot.  The other night I was reading and I placed my e-reader on my belly so I could reach over to take a drink from my water bottle.  The babies decided to get active at that time.  They kicked so hard that they knocked the e-reader off my belly.  Perhaps I have future soccer players?

No comments: