Monday, December 7, 2009

Shop Til We Drop

Keirwyn and I left Rankin on November 30th and headed to Edmonton. Our plane took off late from Rankin and we never really made up the time. When we finally arrived in Edmonton, we were over an hour late. Keirwyn did a great job travelling by sleeping most of the time. Papa was excited to see us at the airport.


Since we have arrived in Edmonton we have been busy. Tuesday, December 1st, Keirwyn and I went for a walk. She was snuggled in my amauti and happy to be out. She quickly fell asleep and I enjoyed getting fresh air.


One of the reasons we were out for a walk was due to my pop withdrawl. I was craving a pop so bad. On the plane I was introduced to Coke Zero, which is now my favorite pop. So, when I left for the walk, I was on the hunt for a Coke Zero. We walked to the mall that is close to my dad's house and found what I was looking for.....yummy!


Since I was there I decided to shop for a few things that I forgot to bring with me (shampoo, soap, etc.). I found my items and went to the check out. By that time, Keirwyn was getting hot in the amauti and was fussing. The lady at the checkout kept eyeing my amauti and giving me strange looks. When Keirwyn started to cry she quickly did a double take, surprised that there was a baby in my amauti. She even stepped away from me like I was some crazy lady. It was funny.


Wednesday I got to do some shopping. Dad took me to Southgate Mall and I spent a bit of money. I am getting my Christmas shopping done. We then went to Wal-mart and I went crazy there. I was so excited to shop.


Thursday we went to the West Edmonton Mall. Keirwyn is such a great shopper. She loved being out and about. The only thing she doesn't like is being strapped into her car seat. She complains an awful lot!


Friday we went to a Christmas dinner at my dad's church. It was great! Turkey, stuffing, and all that great food. Keirwyn was the centre of attention. She loved that people were paying all that attention to her. She also wore a dress for the first time. My step-sister gave Keirwyn a dress that didn't fit her daughter anymore. It is a cute little purple dress. I decided that Keirwyn would wear it to the party. She looked so cute!


On Friday, Edmonton was hit with a big snow storm. It made it difficult to drive and get around it. It didn't stop until Saturday. My old roommates who live in Calgary were supposed to visit on Saturday but due to the storm they were unable to make the trip. It was disappointing.


Saturday we went to see a presentation of Nativities. It was great. There were over 900 natitivities from around the world. I now what to start collecting Nativities and displaying them around my home.


Overall, our first week in Edmonton has been great. Keirwyn has made the adjustment well. We miss Daddy but time will fly and it won't be long until we are at the airport waiting for him to arrive so we can head east to visit family.

No comments: