Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Update

I have been really horrible at the upkeep of my blog. Since we have left Rankin, we have been in Winnipeg and PEI. We have been reorganizing the house and unpacking the large number of boxes sent from the North.

We have been shopping (I LOVE Kijiji - a website in Canada to buy/sell used goods) to get the things that we needed to make life livable (deep freeze, comfortable couch, recliner, patio set, dishwasher) and more fun (trampoline and power wheel car for Keirwyn).

We have also have had a lot of family and friends over for BBQ and friendly competition (board/card games). Akehla is finishing up a week at camp and we have missed her terribly. We pick her up today and I can't wait to see her.

To make a long story short, we are having a GREAT summer.

The future is a little unknown on the job front. We have been busy applying for jobs and getting ourselves on the Substitute teacher list. I am looking forward staying home with Keirwyn for awhile. One of the hardest things I ever had to do was go back to work, leaving Keirwyn behind. Ideally, it would be great for Chris to get employment so I don't have to leave home. I remember my mom always being home and I want to be there for my children.

We still have much left to do in our summer. We want to landscape the backyard, put up a fence and fix up the house which has been neglected for the last year. Chris and I are also going to Ottawa for a weekend to celebrate our 4th anniversary. I look forward to some alone time. As well, we have a family trip to Halifax to visit with friends from Rankin and a family reunion during the August long weekend. Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!

No comments: