Hello!
It has been a long time since I have really written anything on the blog. I haven't had much time except to post a few pictures and comments. I apologize for that. I hope to do better in the future.
Keirwyn started going to a babysitter this month. One of our good friends is taking care of Baby. It is a perfect situation. She has a little girl about a year older than Keirwyn and Baby is comfortable with the whole family. We are grateful to have a place to send Keirwyn that we know she will feel safe and loved.
The weather has been intense lately. We have had extremely cold days where the temperatures would get to -60 Celsius and sometimes even colder. We also have had a few blizzards. Actually we are in the middle of one right now. We have been stuck in the house since Thursday night. Friday we woke up to strong winds, low visibility and bitter temperatures. It seemed to die down but now it has started up again. We are going to hibernate for the duration of the blizzard and enjoy each other's company.
Since Keirwyn has started going to a babysitters, Chris has been available for work. He is on the list for substituting at the schools and has been getting calls. He is also working part-time at the public library in the evenings. He is keeping busy and enjoying working again.
We are looking forward to warmer temperatures so we can go outside more and enjoy our snowmobile. We haven't gone out on the land much this year due to the weather and the threat of polar bears (some have been spotted in and around town). Our adventures have been around town for now but Keirwyn has enjoyed it nonetheless. She loves the feel of the wind on her face and watching the scenery as we fly by.
Here are some pictures that Dad sent to me from Chris and Keirwyn's trip to Fredericton in December:
Akehla, Papa, Keirwyn and Chris enjoying lunchAkehla, Keirwyn and Grandma Peggy
Dad and Peggy took Akehla to the Santa Claus Parade
1 comment:
-60??? I think I'll stop complaining about our strangely "cold" weather this year in Scotland. It went down to -11 and I thought I would freeze! I've gone soft... lol. I hope it does warm up for you guys so you can snow mobile... how fun! My kids can't believe you live close to polar bears, they are amazed :)
Post a Comment