Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tourists
The Reid Family left New Brunswick and headed for Edmonton to spend 1.5 days shopping and relaxing. We had a great time but it went to quickly. The day came for us to leave and we did so with excitement (to actually be going home) and sadness (summer was coming to an end).
We arrived at the airport with our 5 bags and 4 carry on bags only to be told we didn't have seats. Due to a mix up by the airline, our tickets were canceled. We wouldn't be getting out that day and would have to stay three more nights. We were upset. Chris worked it out that our extra weekend in Edmonton would be paid by the airline. Everything was included - car rental, hotel, food and other expenditures.
Since we were stranded in Edmonton, we decided to take a trip to Calgary to go to the zoo. I met up with some old roommates and we had a great time. We went out to eat after the zoo and two more roommates joined us. I hadn't seen these girls in over 4 years so it was nice to catch up with them.
Sunday evening we spent with my step-sister and her family. We introduced them to our favorite game, Bohnanza, and they ended up loving it as much as us! It was great to see them and watch their two little ones playing with Keirwyn.
Monday morning we were able to get on the airline, with threats that we may not land in Rankin due to weather. But we made it in one piece and happy to be home. Keirwyn was excited to get off the plane and be in her own space. More importantly, her toys were like new to her because she hadn't played with them in over two months. She has been having a great time reacquainting herself with these long-lost toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hadn't considered the toy thing. I hope O feels the same way about his toys when we get home.
How frustrating for you guys!! Glad you turned it into such a fun experience.
Wow! She's getting to be big... going to be talking in full sentences soon.
I hate mix-ups. I like mix-ups with perks, though. And I LOVE the zoo. Looks like a fun weekend, despite the need to just be home and be done with being away. :)
Post a Comment